PRESS RELEASE; Yiakel Canada Wide Festival will be held in Toronto, on Saturday, August 3, 2019.
____ YCW_____ Yiakel Canada Wide Encouraging Eritrean/Canadian to join and sustain the #ENOUGH movement. PRESS RELEASE Contact: Organizing Committee: email@example.com Yiakel Canada Wide Festival will be held in Toronto, on Saturday, August 3, 2019. The main objective is to bring
Yiakel Canada Wide
Encouraging Eritrean/Canadian to join and sustain the #ENOUGH movement.
Yiakel Canada Wide Festival will be held in Toronto, on Saturday, August 3, 2019. The main objective is to bring Eritrean-Canadians together in unity through a Canada-Wide Yiakel/Kifaya movement in common vision of ending tyranny in Eritrea and establishing rule of law and democracy.
Topics & Highlights:
- Panel discussions and workshops discussing the establishment a Canada-Wide ‘Yiakel” “Kifaya” Movement with the objective of bringing Eritrean-Canadians together in a united and coordinated voice.
- Discussions to accord public mandate to the Canada-Wide Yiakel/Kifaya movement to form coordinating committees to assume mandated tasks and to work in close conjunction with the cities.
- Discussions to promote unity, reconciliation and strengthen bonds between diverse and multi-faceted Eritrean Diaspora.
- Saturday August 3, 2019 night Live Musical Concert with Noted Eritrean Artists, Yohannes Tikabo, Kiflom Yekealo, and Ezaz Ghilazghi and Others, in Tigrigna, Tigre, Bilen and others languages.
Components of the festival
- Saturday August 3, 2019 Panel Discussion/Workshops will be held.
- Followed by live Musical Concert with well-known Artists, Yohannes Tkabo, Kiflom Yekealo, and Ezaz Ghilazghi
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS. (FAQ.)
Who can participate in this event?
- The event is open to all people of an Eritrean background and others interested in the mission and objectives of the event. In particular, we call the attention of all Eritrean who are have participated in “Enough” Campaign and take part in the Founding Congress.
What is special about this year event?
- This year’s Canada-Wide is happening a year after the much-heralded Eritrea-Ethiopia peace agreement. Unfortunately instead of introducing the much anticipated democratic changes, the Eritrean government has intensified its nefarious measures against the populace, propelling a ‘Yeakael” “Kifaya” wave of Eritreans demanding change and vowing to reclaim their destiny. For the first time, more than 13 cities of Eritrean-Canadians will take part in the Festival.
Who is organizing the event?
- The event is organized by Eritrean-Canadians Yeakel/Kifaya groups from more than 13 Canadian cities (coast-to-coast) including Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Brandon, Winnipeg, Toronto, Kitchener- Waterloo-Hamilton-Guelph, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax Buffalo (USA) and others. The organizers represent the different segments of the Eritrean diaspora community.
Is there a fee to participate in the festival?
- The workshops are offered free of charge. However, there is going to be a fee to participate the Saturday night live Musical concert. Entrance fee at the gate is $30.00.
What will happened during the cultural night/ live Musical?
- The well-known legendary artist Yohannes Tikabo, Kiflom Yekealo, and Ezaz Ghilazghi and Others, in Tigrigna, Tigre, Bilen and others languages. There will be speeches and poems as well.
The organizing committee welcomes you all. Since this is for the people by the people, the committee is eager to listen to your comments, concerns and questions. It can be at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yiakel Canada Wide Festival Organizing Committee.
Eritrawi July 10, 2019
Great to see Eritreans finally wake up to confront this evil regime of Wedi Medhin Berad!
Danilo July 10, 2019
It is a good move. Let’s all join to sacred appeal (YIAKL) where ever we are openly and honestly .the word ይኣክል by it self is a warning to whom it may concern. But are we ready to convince every youth in Eritrea to resist and fight where he is. Parelelerly, we too go there? This is my point! When we say “enough is enough deed, to win or die.
Petros Tesfagherghis July 14, 2019
I Congratulate Eritrean’s in Canada for consolidating the Yekelo movement and launching a festival 3/8/19 in Toronto. However I am disappointed to observe there is no mention about any plan of holding a demonstration against the closure of the 21 health centres which serves about 200,000 patients a year. This is a momentum which must not be missed. Follow the example of the demonstrations in London and in Rome. In Rome the Eritreans demonstration appealing to pop Francis was very productive. The Pope said “Dear Eritrean Communities in Rome, I pray for your people.
The London demonstration will bolster the questions in the British Parliament – concerning the closure and the Government vowed to give an answered after 20 days. There are other lobbies and successes the extension on 11 July 2019 of the mandate of the UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Eritrea that ensures ongoing scrutiny of the country’s gross human rights violation
It is time when the pressure is building up against the PFDJ, The Powerful voice of enough is enough can be a leading voice against the closure of the clinics.
ሰላም ኣብ ሮማ ንእትርከቡ ማሕበረኮም ኤሪትራውያን ስለ ህዝብኹም እጽሊ ኣለኹ / Pope Francis
Ghezae Hagos Berhe July 17, 2019
Thanks for your comment. We have asked the Toronto colleagues to organize a demonstration as well though Toronto is not the capital city or seat of the federal government. Ottawa is. At any , the interest is there as you said we should not miss the moment to step up pressure.
Yohannes Hagos July 14, 2019
Hello Yiakel Canada Wide Festival committee. Congratulations for giving up your precious time and energy to organise this festival, it is very timely event and we need to hasten our concerted actions for time seems to be running out fast. Even though the current development in Ethiopia seems to help us buy time.
As you know the issue of the countless atrocities committed by Isayas against the people of Eritrea has been discussed in countless occasions and therefore in the up coming conference the moderators of the day should help people concentrate on what we need to do next rather than waste time on issues which we very well know. I believe this approach will make the conference more fruitful and interesting.
It may also be helpful to briefly explain how the current organising committee was formed and when. .Just to put things in perspective.
The eventual goal is to establish an Eritrean Global Leadership to be a voice of all of us. So it might be helpful to give this aspect of time frame as to when the tentative dead line we are working for. Also it may be good idea to summarise in point form what the main problems so far have been.in forming the various committees world wide and in North America., What successful solutions so far have been used?
I have forwarded the above questions just to keep everyone on the same page and thereby feel a sense of belonging and ownership of the whole process..
Ghezae Hagos Berhe July 17, 2019
We will certainly take your input into consideration.
Jumma July 15, 2019
At this darkest time .any real Eritrean who still support this government .is inhuman and cruel and immoral.no other explanation.when young kids have been bombarded in the desert of Libra .and some Die of starvation.what sense does it make some of Eritrea understand the reality of life.in this life nothing is for granted .but history will gage each one of us .the president of Eritrea will go .but his darkest history will be educational for our people.