Fetsum: On the upcoming very important GI Seminar in Washington DC
Once again, I disclose this material strictly representing myself, yet believing the input substantially resonates with the GI’s opinion for the most part. News in brief (May, 2017): I congratulate Zerisenai Tadese for “shaving nearly four minutes
Once again, I disclose this material strictly representing myself, yet believing the input substantially resonates with the GI’s opinion for the most part.
News in brief (May, 2017):
I congratulate Zerisenai Tadese for “shaving nearly four minutes off his personal best with a time of 2:06:51” in the Sub Two Hour Marathon held in Italy on May 6 considered to have been the ultimate test of human endurance from scientific point of view.
Giro d’Italia: “Daniel Teklehaimanot takes king of the mountains jersey on active day for Dimension Data.” Great news Danny and keep on raising to the top representing your country in the most difficult cycling endurance test like our fighters did against all odds in the struggle for independence!!!
Voice of Assenna: World Freedom Day – Press Freedom Event for Dawit Isaak in London – Parts 1 and 2. Good job by the organizers of the event although it is hard to tell if the brother is still alive, nor is it fair for me to wish him being alive in the hopeless situation worse than death. I am sorry to say this but I am doing it based on what I wish for myself in the brother’s extraordinary condition for I cannot see the purpose of breathing without freedom.
ዕድመ ናብ ሕዝባዊ ኣኼባ ሓድነት ኤርትራውያን ኣብ ከተማ በርሚንግሃም: ዝኸበርክንን ዝኸበርኩምን፡ ኣብ ከተማ በርሚንግሃምን ከባቢኣን እትነብሩ ኤርትራውያን ደቂ ሃገርና፡ ኮሚቴ ሓድነት ኤርትራውያን ንፍትሒ፡ ኣብ ከተማበርሚንግሃም ንዕለት 6 ግንቦት 2017 ካብ ሰዓት 02:30 ድ.ቀ. ዝጅምር ሕዝባዊ ኣኼባ ክነካዪድ ስለዝኾና፡ ኣብዚ ኣኼባዚ ክትሳተፉ ብኽብሪ ንዕድመኩም።
ዕዉት ሰላማዊ ሰልፊ ኣብ ፍራንክፉርት : ሕግደፍ ከምቲ ኣቐዲሙ ዝተሓበረ ነቲ ናይ ቨልድሆፈን ሆላንድ ውድቀቱ ንምሽፋንን ከምኡ ከይድግመን ከይቅጽልን ንምግባር ህርግድግድ ኣብ ምባል ይርከብ። ቀንዲ ኣትኩሩሎ ዘሎ ህዝባዊ መኸት ብማለት ናይ መበለሓቲ ኣኸባታት ናይቶም ኮራኹሩ ኣብ ኩሉከተማታት ጀርመን ምኽያድ እዩ። ኣብ ከተማ ፍራንክፉርት ብዕለት 7.05.201 እዩ እቲ ብህጹጹ ዝተጸወዓኤ እከባኦም ተኻይዱ።
ኣኼባ መኸተ ስርዓት ህግደፍ ኣብ ከተማ ዮተቦርግ ሽወደን: ብ17 መካይን 74 ፖሊስን ሓንቲ ሂሊኮፕተርን ተሓልዩ።ዜና ኣኼባ መኸተ ስርዓት ህግደፍ ኣብ ከተማ ዮተቦርግ ሽወደን ብ17 መካይን 74 ፖሊስን ሓንቲ ሂሊኮፕተርን ተሓልዩ።ብዕለት 07.05.2017 ካብ ሰዓት 13.00 ድ.ቀ ክሳብ ሰዓት 18.00 ዝነበረ ብሓያሎ ደለይቲ ፍትሒ ከተማ ዮተቦርግ ከባቢኣን ከተማ ስኮራ ዮንሾፒን ሊድሾፒንግን ዝመጹ
Voice of Assenna: ህግደፍ ኣብ ሆላንድ ተዘሪሮም: ብ ሩት ሃብተማርያም – Wed, May 03, 2017
ኣገዳሲ መጸዋዕታ ንደለይቲ ፍትሒ ኣብ ሃገረ– ሆላንድ: ህዝቢ ኤርትራ ከም ካልኦት ኣህዛብ ዓለም ፍትሕን ማዕርነትን ሰላምን ብልጽግናን ዝሰፈና ዲሞክራስያዊት ሃገር ክትህልዎ እዩ ማእለያ ዘይብሉ ኩሉ መዳያዊ መስዋእቲ ዝኸፈለ። እንተኸነ እቶም ንትጽቢታቱ ከማልኡ እምነት ዘንበረሎም ኩሉዝውንኖ ዓቕሚ ብምውፋይ ዘሔየሎም ብናይ ፖልቲካ መራሕቲ ተጠሊሙ ጥራይ ዘይኮንስ ፣ እታ ሃገርን ህዝባን ኣብ ሓያል ሓደጋ ተሰጢሓ ኣድሑኑኒ ትብል ምህላዋ ንቐባራይ ምርዳእ ድኣ ከይኮነና እምበር ንዓና ኤርትራውያንስ ይትረፍ ኤርትራን ጸገማታን ንዝካታተል ጓና ውን ብሩህ እዩ።
GI: Seminar on an effective strategy to end the suffering of the Eritrean People by Prof. Araya Debessay and other GI Coordinators:
“This invitation is to All Eritreans residing in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area who are concerned about the increasingly worsening situation in Eritrea.
Date and Time: Saturday May 20, 2017 starting at 1:00PM eastern time
Meeting place: CA Building Room 302, Annandale Campus. 8333 Little River Turnpike, Annandale Virginia.
- Purpose of Seminar: The primary objective of this seminar is to discuss the most effective strategy to end the suffering of the Eritrean people. The panelists will explain about the Global Initiative to Empower the Eritrean Grassroots Movement, and why this movement is the most expedient, most inclusive, democratic approach that paves the way for all justice seeking Eritreans to play a role in ending dictatorship in Eritrea. Participants will be given ample opportunity to ask questions and to offer alternative options to end dictatorship in Eritrea. All justice seeking Eritreans in the adjacent states, namely, Maryland and Virginia are urged to attend this seminar. the meeting will be conducted in languages participants request provided we have the ability.”
Narrative: The global grassroots movement has already started to show concrete results specially in Europe where the outstanding momentum in England is motivating our people elsewhere to achieve similar results in a short time. Remarkable efforts are currently underway in major European countries after the successful mobilization effort in England that produced national leadership for our citizens living in the country, signifying the first success story to Continental Leadership that paves the way to Global Leadership in the Diaspora. We should then fuel the progressive ambiance in Europe as much as we can needless saying our people in Europe and the Middle East are expecting a lot from the DC community based on the messages we have been receiving to this effect.
Testimony: Recalling that the GI community has been around for about a year and half and achieving unprecedented mark in the areas of conducting uninterrupted meetings on weekly basis; frequently communicating with the people through the social media and dedicated mails, and enhancing our communities world-wide into action oriented mobilization on top of directly contacting the opposition camp for support (25 political parties, religious groups, civic groups, humanitarian groups and individual activists within the reach of its knowledge);
Believing that it has been overdue for the struggle to work for global leadership with genuine transparency and unbiased open-ended dialogue, that our resistance continues staying still and divided with no other unifying initiative in sight, that the dictatorship keeps on surviving with no formidable challenger on the ground, that our people continue deserting the country with no capacity for the disorganized Diaspora to assist, that the humanitarian effort at the UN against the dictator remaining unfinished without political backup capable of convincing the international community for cooperation, that the diplomatic doors have been closed for the resistance because of the meaningless division and lack of global strategy, that we cannot afford to face Eritrea after the enemy without solid preparation, making the society vulnerable to uncontrollable events including another dictatorship and foreign intervention;
Believing the time for every Eritrean to play the role of defending the society with the grassroots movement has arrived with global strategy to be developed by all freedom seeking Eritreans in Diaspora, I appeal to our people in DC metropolitan area to wake up for the call to achieve the following important points from the event.
1) The majority of Eritreans in the US live in DC and success there will certainly encourage our communities in different cities to follow the trend.
2) The US mobilization effort is far behind our mobilization effort in Europe currently well established in England and going well in Germany, Holland, etc. We need to catch up and accelerate the European success in the US. It will help us globalize the movement in shorter time than otherwise. Success in DC will enhance the energy of unity going on in Europe, Israel and in some parts of the US. It will also encourage and motivate our people all over the world and inside the country to fight with intensified participation.
3) The movement in Diaspora cannot succeed without successful mobilization in Washington DC. The central axis of diplomatic success is DC, the capital of the word and the place of international politicians where a strong showing will greatly impact the struggle in this aspect. It will give our resistance unprecedented strength in the diplomatic field depending on the result. It will legitimize the GI movement’s anticipated appearance with the international politicians waiting to see something efficient from the resistance. It will also help us confidently approach international politicians for assistance and mutual understanding on the democratic future of our country.
4) Success in DC will create strong financial strength for GI to expand its effort nation wide and far beyond. It will elevate it to a more potent movement capable of intensify the struggle without impairing financial constraint. It will help us travel around to directly meet and educate our people anywhere in the world through the potential economic support from the most decisive Eritrean community on planet earth.
5) It will positively impact the entire Civic Community specially those reluctant to support or dialogue with the movement in its current socio-political composure. It may motivate them to open their closed doors for dialogue into globally acceptable hybrid solution to the problem at hand, still depending on the result.
6) Success in DC will also energize the GI community that is currently struggling to do everything with its own resources (time, money, etc.). Our people’s support will psychologically motivate us to work harder for better result saying the least.
7) The seminar will help any Eritrean in DC metropolitan area to directly learn about the movement via interactive transparency. It will help the people to directly confront the movement on any associated agenda in mind. We welcome any interested citizen, specially those reluctant to support us to publicly challenge the GI community without reservation, to offer an alternate solution or enhancing ideas to be immediately considered in our next Paltalk oriented discussions and shared with the people as soon as possible. Please offer your constructive criticism as well for us to learn and modulate our ideas and approaches for the best interest of the resistance in motion. We think this is important for rapid unification of the fragmented struggle, narrowing the difference in between and for us to consolidate the notion that we are only an enhancing energy to the existing civic groups rather than a competitive entity as terribly misunderstood by few groups to have been.
8) Success in DC will necessitate GI’s transformation to the next level of the fight in the areas of starting the process of drafting the final and most important strategy of global leadership on paper with any interested group in the classification.
In conclusion, we can easily develop the strategy within our collective intellectual capacity and let us do it for the sake of our people. Let us please open the heart to each other and unconditionally dialogue for common solution. Let us please forget whatever frictions we had had in the past and earnestly contribute to the struggle at equal significance of the relationship with our independence intact. Please give the people a hand showing up and carrying your responsibility for we cannot do it without you. We simply cannot condemn our society to the suffering it has been enduring under the brutal dictatorship! I also urge GI signatories to start assisting the movement for our representatives to move forward covering their expenses with minimized financial burden. We are only asking a fraction of what our people have been offering the regime since the independence struggle, only $20 a month for its freedom since this is the right time for us to directly meet our gallant citizens in Europe, the Middle East, etc. so that we can encourage them to continue the local leadership election process in their respective geographic locations and consolidate a common understanding on the concept of genuine grassroots movement to democracy. I hope the Professor will effectively address this issue in this opportunity!
k.tewolde May 13, 2017
I agree with you brother Ftsum, metro D.C. and its vicinity should have been already the epicenter of political and diplomatic showdown between the forces of democratic change against the brutal tyranny back home instead of looking more and more like a transplanted Asmara neighborhood waiting to be the 11th zoba or foreign territory for the clique we trying to get rid off. The beltway boys are watching us closely and they know when the balance tips one way and they will act accordingly,otherwise it is business as usual,JP Morgan is exploring for emerging markets in the Horn and doesn’t care if he is exhuming the remains of those who own the land,and the sheriffs in charge there will share the loot and continue purging us out of town to places where our forefathers never been before.
Araya Debessay May 13, 2017
Thank you Brother Fetsum for your effort to publicize the Saturday May 20 GI Seminar. We are hoping every justice seeking Eritrean residing in the Washington DC Metro Area who is concerned about the worsening situation in our country will make an effort to attend the seminar. What GI is trying to do is to facilitate the process of ultimately electing grassroots based Global Leaders as the most expedient, most inclusive and democratic process that paves the way for ALL concerned Eritreans to play a role in saving their people and their country.
fetsum May 13, 2017
Thank you for thanking me about the post but my contribution is nothing compared to yours at all. For a person of your caliber to do so much for our depressed people and yet at your age takes lots of modesty and dedication to say the least. You have been and are an asset to our society my brother and I hope the people will understand that we are not here for eternity and take good advantage of your wisdom so that we can resolve the issue once and for all before something happens to us. It is down to earth people like you that motivate me to help out with my limited capacity. Once again, I hope our people will take maximum advantage of your commitment making the event as successful as possible. I also hope you will see the fruit of your vision and hard work with the help of our people all over the place. Love and respect
Zekarias May 15, 2017
Highly respected brothers Professor Araya Debessay & Mr Fetsum Abraham,,
With highly intelligent, committed and humble/modest Eritreans like you two all our hopes and destinations are not lost or diminished at all. God bless you two.
Please continue your positive contributions and inputs without being discouraged.
Eri Grassroot May 15, 2017
Thank you very much for your tireless effort of encouraging and inspiring all justice seeking Eritreans to be actively involved to end the nightmare of dictatorship in Eritrea. The upcoming GI seminar in Washington DC capital area is very important for all Eritreans residing in the Virginia, Maryland and District of Columbia. The purpose of the seminar is clearly stated in the announcement. The venue of the seminar 8333 Little River Tnpk, Annandale, VA is conveniently located at the edge of the belt way that can be easily accessed from four corners of the area.
From Silver Spring Maryland follow 495 south and turn onto Rout 236 (Little River Tnpk) west.
From DC follow 395 south and turn right to Rout 236 west (Little River Tnpk.
From southern MD, Prince George County follow 495 west and turn to Rout 236 West.
From Springfield and southern Virginia follow 95 North and onto 495 Rockville and to Rout 236.
Z May 16, 2017
Dear Fisum & Prof Araya
Well done for all your effort; hope all justices seeking & fighters will arrive in number